Saturday, January 6, 2018

2018 Reading Challenge

For the first time ever I am going to do a book and reading challenge. However, I have a little catch: I am not doing any of the pre-made challenges. Many of them have book topics I refuse to read (true crime), or just seem pointless (a book that has a color in the name); so I created my own. I looked at many different book challenges and picked the topics that I wanted and left the rest. I created this with the idea in mind that I wanted to challenge myself and try new genres and books that I normally wouldn't. I tend to stick with Fantasy, Science-Fiction, and thrillers that aren't set too firmly in real life. I picked out 26 challenge ideas with the majority of them being topics/genres I wouldn't normally read, some of them are topics/genres that I do read so they may not totally count.
1) A book of poems
2) A book you were supposed to read in school
3) A play
4) A book of non-fiction essays
5) A memoir or journal
6) A book of short stories
7) A non-fiction novel
8) A book of fiction short stories
9) A Graphic Novel
10) An Award-winning novel
11) A book in translation
12) A fairytale
13) A self-help book
14) A comedy
15) A mystery
16) A book more than 100 years old
17) A novella
18) A Romance
19) A Parady
20) A horror book
21) A banned book
22) A book published in 2018
23) A science fiction novel
24) An Adult fantasy
25) A book set somewhere you want to visit
26) A book with non-human characters.

I also made a goal to read at least 52 books this year so at least half of them will fit the challenge prompts. I would love if any of you wanted to read along with me; in every monthly ending post, I will talk about the books I read and will note which books fit which challenge number.

Do you have any reading goals for 2018?

See you soon :)
Kylie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat, shall we?